Drilling Completed At The Benmara Battery Metals Project
WATCH MD Chris McFadden give a short update from the field
- Resolution has completed three deep stratigraphic diamond core drill holes, for a total of 2,002m, at the Benmara Battery Metals Project in the Northern Territory.
- The programme was designed to identify prospective age host rocks, test for battery metals mineralisation, and improve RML’s overall understanding of this underexplored region.
- The drilling was fully funded via a Farm-in & JV Agreement with the BHP Group for expenditure of up to $4m in stages over five years for the BHP Group to earn an initial 51% interest.
- $150,000 was also awarded to the program costs through the Geophysics and Drilling Collaborations program, funded by the Northern Territory Government.
- Core logging and sampling will soon be completed. Assay results are expected in late 2023.
“The opportunity to drill test an underexplored and prospective patch of ground like Benmara does not come around too often, so we are looking forward to getting the results of the drilling and progressing the project. I would like to thank the exploration team at BHP for their hard work and guidance in helping to progress the project and unlock the potential of the Benmara Project.”
- Chris McFadden, Managing Director, Resolution Minerals