Tourmaline Ridge Exploration Update, 64North Project, Alaska
WATCH Interim CEO and Exploration Manager Christine Lawley discuss the key details of today's update.
• 100% of trench results across the 1800m x 750m gold-in-soil anomaly at Tourmaline Ridge have now been received and confirm the status of priority one target at the 64North project.
• Highlights of trench results (1 metre channel samples) include:
- Trench 1 (21TR001): maximum 4.8 g/t Au; with three samples exceeding 1 g/t Au
- Trench 2 (21TR002): maximum 2.9 g/t Au; with five samples exceeding 1 g/t Au
• The trenching program successfully identified gold bearing quartz veins at surface and indicates the presence of high value Pogo-style targets in the subsurface
• Drilling contract secured for a 5 hole, 2200m diamond drill program (previously 4 holes, 2000m) to commence late June 2022
• Ground ELF-EM geophysics survey has commenced and the results expected in late May will help to refine the exact location and angle of the drill targets
• Exploration Manager Christine Lawley appointed interim CEO
“Gold assays continue to stack up in support of our geological model for hanging wall gold mineralisation positioned above a Pogo-style gold system at the Tourmaline Ridge Prospect. Previous explorers targeted the narrow hanging wall veins, rather than the larger Pogo-style shear, which will be the focus of our drilling.
Our team has been rewarded by their persistence in an extremely competitive drilling market, sourcing a high-powered diamond rig from an experienced local contractor. The Atlas Copco CS14 drill rig sourced for the program is capable of drilling to depths well beyond our deepest target depth.
We look forward to receiving the results from the ELF-EM ground geophysics survey, which is now underway. The ground geophysics survey will allow us to pin-point the optimum depth and angle to hit the target structure, allowing us to refine our drill hole design, increasing our chances of exploration success.”
- Interim-CEO/Exploration Manager, Christine Lawley
Resolution Minerals (ASX:RML) is pleased to have secured a contract to commence diamond drilling in late June 2022 on our priority one target the Tourmaline Ridge prospect.
The Company advises that results from the Tourmaline Ridge trenching program completed in September 2021, have now been received (6 months after completing the program – due to extreme lab delays in North America) and the Company is in the position to present 100% of the results.
The full results further support those presented from partial results (24 February 2022), in which mineralisation links have been observed between the trenching results and historical drill data. The full trenching assay results confirm Resolution’s 3D geological model for the surface expression at Tourmaline Ridge, representing antithetic hanging wall veins, which RML believes to sit directly above a dilational northwest dipping shear, with a high probability of hosting significant gold mineralisation.
Resolution is very pleased with the outcome of the trenching results and the implications for potential high-grade Pogo-style mineralisation. Resolution looks forward to drill testing this Priority One target during 2022.