CRITICAL ENERGY METALS FOCUS & BOARD CHANGES
Drilling is currently underway on the Wollogorang Copper Project
STRATEGY 2023 AND BEYOND
- In 2023, Resolution will sharpen its focus on critical new energy metals that will enable the global energy transition to a carbon-neutral economy
- Further, the Company is evaluating multiple strategic alternatives to advance the prospective 64North Gold Project in order to maximize shareholder value and create a new precious metals platform company
- Assay results expected in December from the recently completed drilling program
- The 64North Project surrounds the 11M oz Pogo Gold Mine owned by Northern Star
- Resolution holds multiple Australian projects prospective for copper, cobalt, manganese, lead, zinc, uranium and holds ~5% stake in Midwest Lithium – all commodities in high demand and critical for the transition to a carbon-neutral economy
- The Wollogorang and Benmara Copper Projects are funded by earn-in agreements with copper producer OZ Minerals (ASX: OZL) totalling $9m to earn a 51% interest collectively
- Drilling is currently underway on the Wollogorang Copper Project
Mr Steve Groves has resigned as Managing Director to concentrate on other opportunities that can be effectively fulfilled from his hometown Sydney. With Resolution’s corporate and technical teams based in Adelaide, it has become apparent that working remotely is an incompatible fit for both Mr Groves and the Company. Mr Groves holds Directorships with ASX-listed Six Sigma Metals (ASX: SI6) and Sultan Resources.
Mr Craig Farrow (Chairman) will resign at the conclusion of the AGM on 21 November, to focus his time on a new executive role and other board/advisory commitments
At the conclusion of the AGM, Mr Duncan Chessell, founder of Resolution will become the non- executive Chairman, he is currently CEO of Copper Search (ASX: CUS)
CORPORATE APPOINTMENT - Dr David Rawlings
- The Company is very pleased to announce Dr David Rawlings has joined Resolution’s technical team as a consultant. Dr Rawlings was the exploration manager for Core Lithium Ltd (ASX: CXO) and drove much of the exploration success for 6 years from 2016-2021 to which Core owes its success. Dr Rawlings also has extensive uranium exploration expertise with Cameco and was exploration manager for Toro Energy amongst other roles over a 30-year career. He holds a PhD from the world-renowned University of Tasmania Centre of Ore Deposit and Exploration Studies and has extensive sediment-hosted battery metal expertise in the McArthur Basin (Northern Territory).
"Resolution evolves, grows and strengthens, now with a sharper focus for commodities that are part of the super-cycle for critical energy metals. Looking forward we aim to deliver shareholder value through technical excellence resulting in discovery success, both using our own funds and Joint Ventures with the right project partners and via less conventional methods - such as demerging assets.
Strengthening technical excellence is a critical part to adding shareholder value. Dr David Rawlings is a strong addition to the technical firepower of the team with his discovery track record with Core Lithium (ASX: CXO) and expertise across both uranium and battery metals. Dr Rawlings appointment is additional to the appointment of Dr Kitto earlier in the year as Technical Director, who also has significant exploration success and expertise over a 30-year career.
The investment into Midwest Lithium gives shareholders exposure to an emerging lithium opportunity and collaboration at a technical and corporate level between the two companies for increased shareholder value.
We have built an excellent technical team led by Exploration Manager Ms Christine Lawley, hold good projects in the right commodities and all in excellent jurisdictions. I have faith Resolution will be successful in our aspirations to make a world-class discovery and add significant shareholder value. I look forward to assisting in that process and contributing to Resolution’s success and believe persistence, technical expertise, project selection and shareholder support will create success."
- Founding Director Duncan Chessell